The farm has been very busy and the recent storms have not helped our progress, but we understand that is part of farming!
We have continued cleaning, disinfecting, and organizing our barn which will become our production area once the new rooms are complete. We will be sure to post the before and after pictures once we are done.
Our ten acres have been undergoing a transformation providing additional planting areas by clearing trees and leveling our fields.
Here is an overview of what Chuck and his team have done so far:
- Clearing brush and debris from fencing areas
- Trenched out ditches
- Laid out the irrigation system
- Planted our first crops including arugula, swiss chard, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, radish, and kale!
- Established our ‘Earth-Friendly Farming’ protocol focusing on topsoil regeneration, increasing biodiversity, improving the water cycle, and strengthening the health and vitality of our soil.
- Started construction of washing and packing rooms
- Had our first harvest of radishes!
- Completed our Organic Certification paperwork
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter and we look forward to hearing your questions and comments. Contact Chuck chuck@downtoearthorganicsllc or Rhiannon email@example.com